High School Counselors
Your students can get a jumpstart on their college education by
taking courses from Mid-Plains Community College. MPCC Courses are
available to local high school juniors and seniors via distance
learning courses, online courses or courses taught onsite at YOUR
On this website links or PDFs are provided for registration forms, release-of-information forms, transfer information, and placement test information.
Getting Your Students Registered
Please encourage your students to register early!
- View all courses being offered
- Be sure your students are prepared for college.
- Have them check their keyboarding, internet, computer, time management, learning styles, note-taking skills and more. We highly recommend all new students complete this free assessment.
- Does any student require accommodations for a learning disability? To receive accommodations for a college and /or dual credit course, services must be coordinated through the college ADA Office.
- Complete a placement exam. MPCC accepts ACT or COMPASS placement scores. Students must meet established cut-off scores to enroll in English or Math courses. Contact Career Services to set up a COMPASS test if ACT’s are not available or do not meet enrollment requirements.
- Complete enrollment process.
- Have each student enrolling at MPCC complete an application/registration form.
- Please PRINT this form and use a PEN to completely fill it out.
- Once complete and all required signatures are in place, you or the student may forward these to MPCC via USPS, email, scan, or fax to:
North Platte Community College
601 West State Farm Rd.
North Platte, NE 69101
McCook Community College
1205 East Third St.
McCook, NE 69001
- Students taking dual credit courses may need to complete a Third Party Release Form so that the high school may receive their grades at the end of the term. Students may elect to have more information shared with school officials via this form. For more information, view our FERPA information and privacy statement.
Important Facts of Which Your Students Should Be Made Aware
- 2012/2013 Tuition & General Purpose Fees are $92 per credit hour for in-state tuition.
- If not paying by check at the time of registration, please view the payment options available to you
- Ace Scholarship
- For information regarding Walsh Brady contact:
- Online Tools
- Blackboard is where students access their online courses. Students will need to know their MPCC students ID number to access their link. The login Student ID; the password is the student’s last name followed by the initial of their first name, no space, all lowercase.
- Students who will be taking an online class for the first time are strongly encouraged to run through the Blackboard Help page available on our website.
- CampusWeb. Each enrolled student receives access to their own CampusWeb webpage. Access is unique and different from access to Blackboard. Students are required to know how to login to their CampusWeb as this is where they will receive grades and where they may access their college email. Faculty utilizes CampusWeb email addresses when communicating with students. After enrolling in their first course at MPCC students are mailed via USPS their CampusWeb login information. Please keep this in a safe place for future references!
- Bookstore. To see what books for course and/or to purchase textbooks for a course, visit the MCC Bookstore or NPCC Bookstore.
- Tutoring services are available to all MPCC students! Please contact the Student Success Center at your respective campus.
North Platte Community College
- Dropping or Withdrawing from class
- The student MUST contact a college advisor themselves in person, by phone, or email to drop or withdraw from a class.
Generally our courses are transferable to 2 and 4 year colleges throughout Nebraska. While most also transfer out-of-state, a student should check with the out-of-state college to determine actual transferability.
You may also access the transfer information for Nebraska colleges by going to their websites:
- University of Nebraska Kearney
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Chadron State College
- Southeast Community College
- Peru State College
- Wayne State University
Dates to Remember
To view important dates, including the last date to withdraw from courses, view the Academic Calendar.
Advising & Extended Campuses Contacts
You can email advising (link) or call:
Sherry Mihel, Kristen Grimes, Janet Fear